Now, here's the thing. Let's admit it. We all have stinky moments, whether its breath, body, or both. After 6 hours of dancing, I won't lie, my feet stink. But I try to be as careful as possible to when and where and who is around when I change back to my street shoes.
So here is my quick list of tips to prevent yourself from being a STINK BOMB for class and for the nights outs. SOCIAL DANCING is a SOCIAL thing after all. I am no doctor, so these tips are coming from personal experience. If the medical professionals want to pitch into these tips, go ahead on the comments below.
1. Wear deodorant and carry deodorant with you if you are in doubt
2. If you know you sweat a lot, carry a small towel, or have an extra shirt with you at all times.
3. If you get sweaty palms, a small towel may be handy as well. If its excessive sweating that's been chronic, go see a doctor
4. Brush your teeth after meals and carry gum or mints. If your breath odor is bad all the time, see your dentist, you may have gingivitis.
5. Shower daily, and take a shower before hitting the clubs at night.
6. Trim/shave body hair.
7. Keep it easy on the cologne and perfume. Sometimes this can be as distracting as body odor.
8. If you are not sure about your ODOR-STATUS, ask a good friend or a fellow classmate. It's ok, we've all been there
Now, this post was not written to scare you away from dancing, but help make your dance experience as enjoyable as possible. At the end of the day, we want to be able to focus on improving our dance technique during class and have fun at the socials, and not on odor prevention and management. If I missed anything that should be on the list, feel free to comment below.
I am feeling I should do more of these advice blogs, so if you have an idea for a topic I should cover, email me at SexySalsaBallroom@gmail.com